Your motorcycle license, fast, easy and economical.
Steps to get your A1 license
- Psycho-technical: before taking the theory exam you must obtain a medical certificate of psycho-technical aptitude, which can be obtained from any specialised medical centre and you must pass a coordination test, an ophthalmological and medical check-up.
- Theoretical: Common and specific theory.
- Common theory: This is the same theory exam that you have to take if you want to get a car license ( Permimso B ). Those who have passed this exam because they have a car license are exempt from taking this exam again.
- Specific theoretical test: It is a theoretical test about specific contents of motorbike driving, allowing a maximum of 2 failures to pass the test.
- Practical of circuit: It is a test that makes in the circuit of the tracks of the Provincial Headquarter of Traffic of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, in which the following abilities are measured.
- Manoeuvres at reduced speed: making a parking lot, a balance test (circulating on a limited strip of width), zigzag between pulls at reduced speed, acceleration changing to second gear, reaching a minimum speed of 30 km/h and controlled braking.
- Manoeuvring at high speed: maximum time is 25 seconds, zigzag between cones, minimum speed 30 km/h, change of direction, minimum speed 50 km/h, passing an obstacle and controlled emergency braking.
- Practical of circulation: This is a practical driving test on roads open to traffic like a car, but the student rides a 125cc motorcycle. The examiner goes behind the student in a driving school car, giving the appropriate directions to the student through an intercom.
The manoeuvres to be carried out in the closed circuit are presented in the following photos.
The minimum age for this permit is 16.
Authorizes to drive
- Motorcycles with a maximum cylinder capacity of 125 c.c., a maximum power of 11 Kw (15 hp) and a power/mass ratio of 0.1 Kw/Kg or less
- Includes motorcycles with sidecar.
- Vehicles for persons with reduced mobility.
- Motor tricycles whose maximum power does not exceed 15 Kw. (A motor tricycle is considered to be any quadricycle of M.M.A. up to 400 Kg. or 550 Kg if used for load and whose maximum power is up to 15 Kw.)
Obtaining it also implies the granting of the AM class permit.